martedì 4 novembre 2008

the dream



«And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." (...)
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character»

Rev. Martin Luther King, Washington 1963

«In the next 40 years a Negro can achieve the same position as my brother has. Prejudice exists and probably will continue to exist. But we are trying to make progress and we are making progress»

Robert Kennedy, The Washington Post 1961

«That is the true genius of America - that America can change»

Barack Obama, Chicago 2008

Nessun commento:

grand place, bruxelles

grand place, bruxelles